The term massage is usually linked with costly spa therapies and is considered an indulgence and privilege for special occasions. In Ayurveda, self-massage or Abhyanga oil massage should be done daily for the best results.
Even though the procedure may sound time-consuming and monotonous, the advantages of Abhyanga oil massage are endless. It is more reasonable than spa massage therapies and can be done without leaving the comfort of your house or without someone assisting you.
Of course, how can we forget the oil we used for it when we talk about massage?
Picking the correct oil for skin care is vital and can be selected according to skin type. Of various massage oils available on the market, sesame oil for body massage is the most popular. It is suitable for all skin types and is especially advantageous for healthy skin glow.
In this blog, we will discuss some interesting benefits of sesame oil and Abhyanga.
Let's begin by talking about,
What is Abhyanga?
Abhyanga is a Sanskrit term for a full-body ayurvedic massage with warm oil to boost overall fitness and well-being. This kind of practice involves massaging the body down from head to toe with an herb-infused oil particularly selected to assist in balancing the doshas, or powers, in your body.
Some significant benefits of Abhyanga oil massage are:
- Promotes the health of internal organs of the body
- Eliminates pollutants from the body
- Improve the eyesight
- De-stresses you
- Smoothes skin
- Improves muscle tone and gives energy to the dhatus (tissues) of the body
- Enhance consistency, tone, and overall skin appearance
- Boosts stamina and soothes the nerves
- Helps you get better and deeper sleep
Top Sesame Oil Massage Benefits You Should Know About
- Ayurveda considers sesame oil the 'king of oils.' Sesame Abhyanga involves warming the oil and mixing it with herbs before rubbing it on your body.
- When you use sesame oil for body massage, it is a strong antioxidant that helps reduce skin problems caused by free radicals.
- It also reduces the effects of the sun's rays and restores your damaged skin.
- In addition, it also reduces inflammatory pain in the joints, sustains the muscles and bones of our body, and makes them strong.
- Sesame oil also makes hair (scalp) flourish luxuriantly, thick, silky, and glossy.
- This oil's slight warmness also helps you get the best sleep and comforts your mind and overall health.
- If you have any allergy in your body, this can also be relieved by sesame oil. It has anti-inflammatory properties that decrease swelling, redness, and inflammation, providing immediate comfort to the skin.
How to Perform Abhyanga With Sesame Oil
There are a few steps that you need to follow to make the most effective results of Abhyanga with sesame oil.
- Take half a cup of warm sesame oil and spread it generously all over your body.
- First, start rubbing your face, in circular movements, over your forehead, jaws, cheeks, and ears, always petting in an upward movement.
- Now, gently stroke your limbs and joints.
- Rub the stomach and chest in wide circular motions. Don't forget your hands.
- Lastly, but most importantly, rub your feet very gently. The feet have nerve endings of necessary organs, and paying at least a couple of minutes massaging them is important.
- It's time to relax and let the oil work. Sit for ten minutes, allowing the sesame oil to exude into more in-depth body layers.
- Take a warm shower and feel a rejuvenating glow on your face and body!
Other Uses of Sesame Oil
- Cooking: Sesame oil has a little nutty flavor, making it perfect for stir-fried dishes and salad flavorings. Research indicates it also has a host of health advantages.
- Constipation comfort: Anecdotal evidence suggests diluted sesame oil may assist in reducing minor constipation. Combine one to two tablespoons of sesame oil with water, and swallow twice daily.
- Hair and scalp nourishment: The same nutrients and features that make sesame oil help your skin are also used for your hair. Try rubbing a small amount of sesame oil into your scalp and hair, focusing on the ends if they're dry.
Also Read: Benefits Of Wood Pressed Sesame Oil
In Ayurveda, the significance of sesame oil for body massage is unbeatable. If you also want to stay healthy with natural things, you should try abhyanga oil massage with pure cold-pressed sesame oil and get the best health benefits that encourage your overall growth.
Order the organic sesame oil from Nayesha today and experience the goodness of purity. Visit our website or order from Amazon.