Cold-pressed oil is gaining popularity and is one of the most used ingredients in cooking. It is used daily to make different dishes like salad, snacks, and main course. Thus, it is important to opt for the right oil to maintain all the required nutrients and vitamins to take care of your health.
So, if you are looking for a healthier option to use for cooking or other purposes, cold-pressed oil is the best example. It is 100% natural and does not contain any chemicals or preservatives.
There are countless benefits of using cold pressed oil, which we have discussed in the blog below. Read it completely to know more about cold-pressed oil and its benefits.
What is Cold Pressed Oil?
The secret of Cold Pressed Oil lies in the process of making. First, cold-pressed oils are extracted by crushing the seeds under pressure using low heating methods. Then, a huge cylinder is used where the seeds are continuously crushed until the oil is completely extracted from the seeds. The process does not contain harmful chemicals and preservatives, making the oil completely natural.
The process doesn't require any refining step and can be used immediately after the extraction and filtration.
The Cold Pressed Oil retains its original flavour, fragrance, taste and nutrition. There are various cold-pressed oils like sesame oil, mustard oil and groundnut oil which are 100% natural and healthy.
Why is Cold Pressed Oil good for Health?
Cold-pressed oil is counted as one of the best vegetable oils in India. There are so many benefits that a person can use this oil regularly. Here are some of the reasons why cold-pressed oil is good for health –
- The Cold Pressed Oil is rich in vitamin A, C, E, D, Omega 3 & 6, zinc and potassium, protecting the liver from oxidative damage. It also helps maintain the level of cholesterol and improve the immune system.
- Magnesium, found in sesame oil, has a long history of anti-cancer properties. These also include phytate, an anti-cancer chemical. Sesame oil reduces the incidence of colorectal cancers and even prevents their beginning due to the synergistic effects of these components.
- The presence of antioxidants in this oil is very useful to minimize the risk of chronic diseases and cancer formation.
- According to skin specialists, applying sesame oil to your face can help prevent damage caused by the sun's ultraviolet radiation. Sesame oil can withstand around 30% of UV radiation. By going deeply into the skin's pores, the oils and nutrients begin to work from the inside out, improving circulation.
- Cold Pressed Oil gives outstanding results for hair and skin health. Like acids and vitamins, the antioxidants in oil lock in the moisture to reduce dryness and improve hair growth.
- Ayurvedic treatments recommend oil pulling with sesame oil, which can help remove plaque. It contains antifungal chlorosesamone and fatty acids that aid in the elimination of undesirable germs and promote tooth health. Sesame oil has a natural anti-inflammatory and moisturizing effect on the gums, which may reduce foul breath. Cavities and dental decay can also be avoided using cold-pressed sesame oil.
- This oil manages diabetes because monounsaturated fatty acids help maintain blood sugar levels by absorbing fat.
- Cold-pressed oil proved its supremacy by helping heart patients. It stops the bad cholesterol level and boosts good cholesterol in the body to keep your heart healthy. The oil is also rich in plant sterol, which helps to reduce the risk of heart attacks.
- Those suffering from liver problems must use the Cold Pressed oil in their regular diet to promote liver health.
- Studies show that Cold Pressed Oil is very helpful to reduce inflammation as this oil contains healthy fats and antioxidants.
- Cold Pressed Oil is completed free from chemicals, making its taste and fragrance even more pleasant.
- Sesame seed oil is high in magnesium and a variety of other minerals. Sesame's combination of properties allows it to lower blood glucose levels, reducing the risk of diabetes. Cooking with sesame seed oil is a good option for diabetics.
- Tyrosine, an amino acid found in sesame oil, directly relates with serotonin. It's a neurotransmitter that influences our moods, and an imbalance can cause depression or stress. As a result, sesame oil can aid in producing serotonin in the body.
If you are consuming refined oil, then it is suggested to switch to cold-pressed oil and add it steadily to your diet to make yourself healthy.
This is all about cold-pressed oil and its benefits. You should start consuming it to see a healthier version of yourself. This oil is 100% natural and does not contain chemicals and preservatives. So, you can use it without worrying about your health.